Monday, February 11, 2008

My last Pitch, I promise

I went to an event this weekend that reminded me of what I presented the very first week...the puppet projected into a crystal ball. The event was the Hugely Tiny festival, and it featured a number of works that required magnification, peering into boxes, and all kinds of tiny delights. It made me realize that I would like to do something small, yet play with stereo, and I was reminded of the stereoscope my grandparents had, and I wondered if there was a way to use that gadget, along with side by side projected animation to create a look of 3 dimensions.

http://courses.ncssm.edu/GALLERY/collections/toys/html/exhibit01.htm#works

The image below was meant to be seen through a stereoscope, I love this picture, and that it's a moment we wouldn't see unless we were "peeping." If an image like that can be seen through the stereoscope, why couldn't an animation set at the same distance from the viewer also achieve the stereo look?





No comments: